There are all sorts of people on the internet promoting “the best way” to make money online. Although a lot of these “best ways” work, it can get very confusing for the person who has never sold a single thing on the internet. What beginners need is a step by step plan that will take them from start to finish on development of a profitable internet business. One of the best business models out there is to become an affiliate marketer and promote other peoples products to begin with. After you get the hang of that, you can develop some of your own products to sell.
Here is a simple “checklist” to go by as you work on getting your affiliate business up and running:
1. Market: Target your market, determine its needs, and then find, or create a product to fill that need.
2. Create an offer: People don’t buy products, they buy solutions. This is something that must be understood in order to be successful as an internet marketer. Don’t look at the features and benefits of the products. Look at the problems it can solve instead.
3. Drive Traffic to your website: Remember, if no one visits your website, you go out of business. You must find ways to drive targeted traffic to your website. Your first product offer will be used to help drive traffic to your marketing list.
What you are going to want to do is create an “opt-in” page with your first offer and then market it with various marketing techniques (i.e. through blogging, or pay per click campaigns, or forums.) in order to build up your list. After that you can continue to number 4 on the checklist. The key is to always be offering products to your list. Always have a “front end” offer, a “back end offer” and some kind of product that will pay you a monthly residual income such as a member ship site that you are promoting.
4. Back end: This is a strange term, but this refers to the offers you make as follow ups after the initial sale of your first product as mentioned in the last step. Most of your income is going to be generated by your back end offers. This will help to boost your income greatly. You are also going to want to make sure that the “back end” offer is at a higher price than the “front end” offer.
5. Duplication: Always duplicate your current business model/system into other markets or into other product lines within the same market. Once you are up and running successfully with your first business, you can check out new opportunities and repeat these same steps.
This is just a very quick and simple overview of how a successful internet affiliate marketing business should be run. You are going to need to go much more in depth with this “checklist”. There are plenty of resources out there to learn how to be an excellent affiliate marketer. Remember to stay focused on your goals, learn a good system and implement it, and you will be successful!